The Finest European Craftsmanship, Passed On Through Generations
AVISTA'S TIPS FOR CARING FOR YOUR FLOORS
AFTER SERVICE TIPS
After the final coat of finish has dried, it is a good idea to open your windows. The first week, we suggest “sock-only” feet, meaning try not to wear shoes on the freshly coated floor. When moving furniture in, sit it down, but do not slide. Apply felt pad protectors to bottoms of all legs of furniture. Area Rugs may be placed on floors 30 days after the finishing is completed. If you plan on painting, Do Not put painters tape (or any kind of tape) on polyurethane floors.
• Sweeping, vacuuming and dust mopping are essential to hardwood floor maintenance.
• If you need to mop, use a sponge or rag mop with a small amount of water, then run a towel wrapped around a broom over the area mopped. It is acceptable to mix a little Windex or White Vinegar in your mop water. The solution mix is ¼ cup to 1-gallon water.
Bona Spray Mop and Products
Swiffer and Swiffer Wet Jet
DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS ON YOUR FLOOR:
• Murphy’s Oil Soap
• Paste Wax
• Pledge, or any other wax or silicone-based products
• Fantastic, Formula 409 or other solvent-containing cleaners
• Pine-based cleaners (like Pine Sol)
• Mop & Glo
DO NOT WAX OR SPRAY BUFF!
Waxes and polishes are not good for polyurethane varnish finish, and will cause problems with future re-coating.